Looking to find some inspiration? Or maybe you’re just scrolling for the best caption to add to your Instagram post. Well, look no further because you will surely find it here.
We all love watching movies, don’t we? They have the power to influence our mood and provoke our thoughts and actions. The secret behind a good movie is a great script. Exceptional dialogue deliveries can bring us to tears and motivate us to do better. Extraordinary quotes have the strength to outlive the film itself.
Some of the most inspiring films are those that sound honest and true. The ones that hit the hardest are the ones you can relate to. A good line does not necessarily come from a good movie, the best of dialogues can be found in the most unexpected of places.
So, today we take a look at some of Hollywood’s 54 most inspirational movie quotes of all time.
1. “Do, or do not. There is no try”.
– Yoda, Star Wars: The Empire Strikes Back
Wise words from the wisest Jedi master. As young Luke Skywalker tries again and again to use the force, Yoda instructs him “Do, or do not. There is no try”.
By this, Yoda doesn’t mean that you shouldn’t try anything. What he means is that the use of the word ‘try’ in a negative way is just to justify your failure while you should be having positive thoughts and just do it.
2. “Sometimes it is the people who no one imagines anything of who do the things that no one can imagine.”
– Christopher, The Imitation Game
Is your head full of people telling you what you should be doing? Well, this is a perfect quote for you. Our minds are already full of our ideas and thoughts. There is no space for negativity from anyone else. Go on, do your thing and let their jaws drop when you turn your dream into a reality.
The Imitation Game was based on the real life of Alan Turing.
3. “You’ll have bad times, but it’ll wake you up to the good ones you weren’t paying attention to.”
–Sean, Good Will Hunting
We never seem to appreciate our comfort till we experience something distressing. There can be no shadow without light, learn to appreciate the downs because they lead you to the ups.
4. “The only thing standing between you and your goal is the bullshit story you keep telling yourself as to why you can’t achieve it.”
– Jordan Belfort, Wolf of the Wall Street
Stop making excuses in your head. If you want to do something, don’t dwell on it, just do it!
5. “You’re braver than you believe, and stronger than you seem, and smarter than you think.”
– Winnie the Pooh, Pooh’s Most Grand Adventure
We don’t often get the chance to test ourselves. Doubt grows in our minds regarding our potential. Never forget how brave you can be if necessary, how strong you can be when the situation arises and how smart you truly are.
6. “To see the world, things dangerous to come, to see behind walls, to draw closer, to find each other and to feel. That is the purpose of life.”
–Walter Mitty, Secret Life of Walter Mitty
One of my favorite movie and quote. An adventurous photographer gifts a wallet with the quote engraved on it to a daydreamer who has never lived his dreams. These beautiful words should motivate any escapist out there to stop fantasising and to start living. Hey, who’d rather sit in front of a desk when they could be skating down a sloping hill in Iceland?
7. “There should be no boundaries to human endeavor. We are all different. However bad life may seem, there is always something you can do, and succeed at. While there’s life, there is hope.”
–Stephen Hawking, The Theory of Everything
8. “I guess it comes down to a simple choice, really. Get busy living or get busy dying.”
– Shawshank Redemption
9. “After a while, you learn to ignore the names people call you and just trust who you are.”
– Shrek, Shrek the third
Truer words haven’t been said. Words shouldn’t be used to bring you down. Never let anyone tell you who you are, you must find that out for yourself.
10. “We buy things we don’t need, to impress people we don’t like.”
– Tyler Durden, Fight Club
Our desires and lists of things we want seem to be never-ending. When will we stop pretending to love something because it’s in fashion or is trendy?
11. “All that is gold does not glitter. Not all those who wander are lost.”
– Bilbo Baggins, Lord of the Rings
A perfect quote to motivate your wanderlust heart. Pack your bags and get ready for an adventure. Or you could just watch Lord of the Rings again you know, same difference really.
See more for Bilbo Baggins quotes.
12. “Nobody is gonna hit as hard as life, but it ain’t about how hard you can hit. It’s how hard you can get hit and keep moving forward. How much you can take and keep moving forward. That’s how winning is done.”
– Sylvester Stallone, Rocky Balboa
When his son starts blaming him for everything that is going wrong with his life, Rocky gives him this advice. So, remember to appreciate what you have and to work even harder for what you want. Pointing fingers will lead you nowhere, excuses are for the weak, be strong and start winning at life.
13. “You cannot live your life to please others. The choice must be yours.”
– White Queen, Alice In Wonderland
14. “Remember Red, hope is a good thing, maybe the best of things, and no good thing ever dies.”
– Andy Defray, The Shawshank Redemption
Shawshank redemption, one of the best films ever made for a lot of us. It taught us that friendship could be found even in the worst of places and being true to yourself is what matters the most. A beautiful quote from a beautiful movie.
15. “Happiness can be found even in the darkest of times, if one only remembers to turn on the light.”
–Dumbledore, Harry Potter and the prisoner of Azkaban
So, don’t forget to turn the lights on.
16. “Don’t ever let somebody tell you can’t do something, not even me. Alright? You dream, you gotta protect it. People can’t do something themselves, they wanna tell you can’t do it. If you want something, go get it. Period.”
– Chris Gardner, The Pursuit of Happyness
Protect your dream; don’t let anybody tell you it’s not worth it. Any dream that belongs to you is worth fighting for.
17. “Great men are not born great, they grow great.”
– Vito Corleone, Godfather
Every child born can do great things, so can you.
18. “Here’s to the crazy ones. The misfits. The rebels. The troublemakers. The round pegs in the square holes. The ones who see things differently. They’re not fond of rules. And they have no respect for the status quo. You can quote them, disagree with them, glorify or vilify them. About the only thing you can’t do is ignore them. Because they change things. They push the human race forward. And while some may see them as the crazy ones, we see genius. Because the people who are crazy enough to think they can change the world, are the ones who do.”
– Steve Jobs, Jobs
19. “You have to get lost before you find yourself.”
– Margo, Paper Towns
Seems like quotes about being free and letting go to find ourselves are the most relatable ones these days. In a time where industries and big companies are taking over the world, it’s good to have such moving words handy to help motivate us.
20. “The night is darkest just before the dawn. And I promise you, the dawn is coming.”
– Harvey Dent, The Dark Knight
No matter how long or dark the night is, light will find it’s way. So, no matter how bad everything seems, better days will come. Patience and action will lead to good results.
21. “All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given to us.”
– Gandalf, The Lord of the Rings
We have but one life, the possibilities of how you could use your life are endless. Choose to do something you like, use your time wisely.
22. “No matter what anybody tells you, words and ideas can change the world.”
– John Keating, Dead Poets Society
You know what they say; a pen is mightier than a sword. Never stop writing, jot down your ideas, dreams, bucket list, everything.
23. “Life moves pretty fast, if you don’t stop and look around once in a while, you could miss it.”
– Ferris, Ferris Bueller’s Day Off
We have become so obsessed with going from one place to another. Whether it be getting to work on time, meeting your friends or going for a movie, we never stop and stare. We have no time to take long aimless strolls and enjoy nature without getting worried about one thing or another. Take a day off, relax and look around you.
24. “Don’t let anyone ever make you feel like you don’t deserve what you want.”
– Heath Ledger, 10 Things I Hate About You
Too often have we doubted our capabilities and the fulfillment of our dreams. You deserve to dream and see it come alive. Nobody can, or should make you feel otherwise.
25. “Oh yes, the past can hurt. But, you can either run from it or learn from it.”
– Rafiki, The Lion King
Often, we choose not to face a problem of the past. The best solution is to make yourself face it and watch as the problem grows small enough for you to walk over it.
26. “Two little mice fell in a bucket of cream. The first mouse quickly gave up and drowned. The second mouse, wouldn’t quit. He struggled so hard that eventually he churned that cream into butter and crawled out. Gentlemen, as of this moment, I am that second mouse.”
– Catch Me If You Can
Let’s all aspire to be the second mouse.
27. “I want you to back yourself into a corner. Give yourself no choice but to succeed. Let the consequences of failure become so dire and so unthinkable that you’ll have no choice but to do whatever it takes to succeed.”
– Wolf of Wall Street
When you’re the lowest you’ve ever been, remember, there is only one way to go now, and that is up.
28. “There should be no boundaries to human endeavor. We are all different. However bad life may seem, there is always something you can do, and succeed at. While there’s life, there is hope.”
– Stephen Hawking, The Theory of Everything
Life is a beautiful thing, and we should appreciate every moment of it.
29. “What we do in life echoes in eternity.”
– Maximus. Gladiator
Legends have come before us and will continue to exist long after we die. A man’s deeds live on beyond the boundaries of life and death.
30. “Life is a little bit messy. We all make mistakes. No matter what type of animal you are, change starts with you.”
-Judy Hopps, Zootopia
In one of the most original Disney animated movies of the year, Judy Hopps shows that size does not matter and that you should follow your dreams no matter how the odds may be against you.
31. “We all end up dead, it’s just a question of how and why.”
– William Wallace, Braveheart
One thing we can be sure of in our life is death. It can come any minute, do the things you like as often as possible.
32. “Calling someone fat doesn’t make you any skinnier. Calling someone stupid doesn’t make you any smarter. All you can do in life is try and solve the problem in front of you.”
-Cady, Mean Girls
33. “You can do anything. You can go anywhere. Money, power is an illusion. It’s up here. You can be here. Me and you.”
– Christopher McCandless, Into The Wild
Anything that binds you down is an illusion that was created. What’s done can be undone, break free of your chains and climb high.
34. “My Mama always said, ‘Life was like a box of chocolates; you never know what you’re gonna get.’”
— Forrest, Forrest Gump
Nothing is impossible. Reach for the stars, even if you only reach halfway, you’ve reached higher than most people.
35. “In this life, you don’t have to prove nothin’ to nobody but yourself. And after what you’ve gone through, if you haven’t done that by now, it ain’t gonna never happen. Now go on back.”
– Fortune, Rudy
We all have our problems, and no one’s had an easy ride getting anywhere in life. The one we need to prove ourselves to is our self.
36. “The flower that blooms in adversity is the most rare and beautiful of all.”
– The Emperor, Mulan
Everything you have been through in life has only made you into a better version of yourself. A person who has gone through hardships and struggles comes out being the most determined and impressive version of themselves.
37. “A laugh can be a very powerful thing. Why, sometimes in life, it’s the only weapon we have.”
-Roger Rabbit, Who framed Roger Rabbit?
When was the last time you actually laughed out loud? No, watching funny videos alone in your room does not count. Take time to talk to a long-lost friend and laugh about old memories and make new ones to laugh about.
38. “You know, the ancient Egyptians had a beautiful belief about death. When their souls got to the entrance to heaven, the guards asked two questions. Their answers determined whether they were able to enter or not. ‘Have you found joy in your life?’ ‘Has your life brought joy to others?’”
– Carter Chambers, The Bucket List
Pure joy can be found in sharing. You are the reason for somebody’s happiness, so you need to take care of yourself.
39. “You mustn’t be afraid to dream a little bigger, darling.”
40. “We used to look up at the sky and wonder at our place in the stars. Now we look down and worry about our place in the dirt.”
– Joseph Cooper, Interstellar
41. “Life’s not a spectator sport. If watchin’ is all you’re gonna do, then you’re gonna watch your life go by without ya.”
– Laverne, The Hunchback of Notre Dame
Life is not all about travel and love and food. The most alive of people can be found in the remotest of places. Living your life simply and doing things that bring joy to you and to those around you, is the purpose of life.
42. “Happiness is the richest thing we will ever own.”
– Donald Duck
How much money is a lot of money? How many cars does it take for you to be considered rich? True richness comes from the heart, not from impermanent material things.
43. “Machines never come with any extra parts, you know. They always come with the exact amount they need. So, I figured that if the entire world was one big machine, I couldn’t be an extra part. I had to be here for some reason.”
— Hugo, Hugo
For the ones who feel they don’t belong anywhere, why try hard to be a part of something else when you can be authentically you. Nobody but you can be you.
44. “Just keep swimming. Just keep swimming. Just keep swimming, swimming, swimming. What do we do? We swim, swim.”
– Dory, from Finding Nemo
Whatever life may bring, we have to accept the challenges and keep going.
45. “Don’t dream it, be it.”
-The Rocky Horror Show
46. “Sometimes the right path is not the easiest one.”
– Grandmother Willow, Pocahontas
47. “Death is so final, whereas life is full of possibilities.”
-Tyrion Lannister, Game of Thrones
In a world full of misery and catastrophes, be the life.
48. “Why do we fall sir? So that we can learn to pick ourselves up.”
– Alfred, Batman Begins
It seems we all need a trustee old butler to give us life advice. Well, have to be satisfied with this list for now.
49. “There’s no such thing as too far. You understand? You push everything as far as you can. You push, and you push, and you push until it starts pushing back. And then you push some goddamn more.”
– Walter Abrams, Two For The Money
50. “Ernest Hemingway once wrote, ‘The world is a fine place and worth fighting for.’ I agree with the second part.”
– William Somerset, Se7en
The planet we call our home may be resilient and able to adapt to changes, but we need the perfect conditions to survive and cannot do so if the conditions keep changing to the extreme. Let’s also be inspired to help save our planet in our own small ways.
51. “Don’t tell me I can’t do it; don’t tell me it can’t be done!”
– Howard Hughes, The Aviator
52. “The problem is not the problem. The problem is your attitude about the problem.”
– Jack Sparrow, Pirates of the Caribbean
Face every obstacle that comes your way in the best way you can. Patience and brainstorming will help you overcome the biggest of problems.
53. “Find a truly original idea. It is the only way I will ever distinguish myself. It is the only way I will ever matter.”
– John Nash, A Beautiful Mind
54. “Life is not the amount of breaths you take, it’s the moments that take your breath away.”
I hope this list has inspired you to take on any new challenge that you might face. With the heart of a lion and one foot in front of the other, anything is possible. No matter what advice you read or get, it’s you who has to use them and to put them into action. No one can make you do something you don’t want to.
The best preparation for the future is what you do in the present. Rome wasn’t built in a day. Work steadily toward your goal and let your success do the talking for you.
Write a comment
20 Famous Harry Potter Quotes We Will Never Forget
The magical world of Harry Potter has brought us together in many ways. Our childhood wouldn’t have been complete without J.K. Rowling’s amazing books. The beloved series of books and movies will always have a special place in our hearts. As Ms. McGonagall says, “There won’t be a child in our world that doesn’t know […]
17 Luke Skywalker Quotes To Awaken The Force In You
The Star Wars universe is now more famous and loved than ever. With the franchise releasing more movies, the fandom is having a great time. One of the main characters, Luke Skywalker, makes a return in the new films. Luke Skywalker, a Jedi Master, fought in the Galactic Civil War along with Han Solo, Leia […]
16 Unforgettable Forrest Gump Quotes To Inspire You
You’ve probably heard of the famous line ‘Run, Forrest Run’. This iconic line comes from the acclaimed movie Forrest Gump. The movie is about Forrest Gump, played by the amazing Tom Hanks. Forrest is a young boy who beats all the odds against him and accomplishes many things as he journeys through life. The adorable […]
People1 year ago
Top 18 Most Inspiring Steve Jobs Quotes
People1 year ago
These 10 Emotional Quotes By Kurt Cobain Will Pull At Your Heartstrings
Self-Improvement1 year ago
These 25 Facts About Life May Be Harsh To Hear, But They’ll Make You A Much Better Person
Movies1 year ago
Top 33 Denzel Washington Quotes On Success and Hardships
Movies1 year ago
24 Most Inspirational Movies To Watch On Netflix
Motivation1 year ago
33 Simple Things To Start Doing For Yourself
Quotes1 year ago
Know Your Self-Worth With These 15 Inspirational Quotes
Movies1 year ago
16 Unforgettable Forrest Gump Quotes To Inspire You