Jackie Chan, the boy from Hong Kong who conquered the world of action cinema. Jackie is famously known as the actor who does his own dangerous martial arts stunts. He continuously risked his life for the love of his art.
When he was young, Jackie was sent to drama school by his father since he did not do well scholastically. His love for performing arts and gymnastics shined bright, and he was picked to play minor roles in films. After the untimely death of the famous Bruce Lee, the martial arts manic movie world often cast Jackie in movies similar to his.
Chan starred in many low-budgeted movies which were mainly created to satisfy the then martial arts fans. His breakthrough came from the film ‘Drunken Master’, which is now considered a cult favorite martial arts movie. Back when Chan would do his own stunts for his movies, there were no special effects or proper safety policies. Jackie and his stunt team would break glasses, jump from rooftops, fight, break tables, get injured, and then do it all again.
His willingness to try dangerous stunts for the movies attracted a lot of respect and attention. Chan built his way up from hardships and failures. His fame and success are the result of his hard work and good nature. Jackie Chan is not only famous for his popular movies, but also for his humanity and morality.
Most Inspiring Jackie Chan Quotes!
1. “The best fights are the ones we avoid.”
Violence can never be justified. There is no wrong or right when two people become violent and start hurting each other. The only fight you should be interested in is the one we have inside.
2. “I never wanted to be the next Bruce Lee. I just wanted to be the first Jackie Chan.”
Although Jackie benefited from the martial-arts loving world that Bruce Lee left behind, his intention was never to be compared to the young master. Despite the heavy comparison, Jackie rose above it all and made a big name for himself in the world of cinema.
3. “I’m crazy, but I’m not stupid.”
People who do crazy things are seen as fools. Those who do the same thing and make money off it are called geniuses. So, if you’re not one to follow the other sheep off the cliff, do what you want!
4. “Do not let circumstances control you. You change your circumstances.”
We are all stuck in the quicksand of problems that we people created for ourselves. Think outside of the box you’re in and see how you can make your circumstances better.
5. “I like to change characters and then, slowly I believe the audience treat me as, like an actor who can fight. It’s not like an action star.”
Jackie was first and foremost an actor. He didn’t want to be known as a martial artist who can act, but as an actor who can fight. As long as you believe and have confidence in who you want to become, everyone else’s opinions will follow suit.
6. “Since the child knew his parents would give in, he tried the same trick again and again.”
As a parent, Jackie believes in disciplining a child. He doesn’t believe in reasoning with, and spoiling a child.
7. “Sometimes it takes only one act of kindness and caring to change a person’s life.”
When you’re going through a hard time and someone extends a helping hand, it can make all the difference in the world. You never know what battle a person is fighting, so always be kind and considerate. Because what goes around comes around.
8. “I’m good for some things, bad for a lot of things.”
Nobody’s perfect. Not even Jackie Chan. We’re all made up of good and bad things. Focus on your positives and work on your negatives.
9. “The ads all call me fearless, but that’s just publicity. Anyone who thinks I’m not scared out of my mind whenever I do one of my stunts is crazier than I am.”
Just because your dream is challenging doesn’t mean you give up without even trying. When you know what you want in life, go after it. Make your life worth living.
10. “We learn martial arts as helping weakness. You never fight for people to get hurt. You’re always helping people.”
It is not the strongest of people who win at life; it is those who are strong yet do not use their strength to hurt others that go far.
11. “Now I am older, I understand we have to accept who we are.”
Don’t run from yourself. We are all built differently for many reasons. Your purpose in life is for you alone; you have to find it and accept it.
12. “I allowed myself to be bullied because I was scared and didn’t know how to defend myself. I was bullied until I prevented a new student from being bullied. By standing up for him, I learned to stand up for myself.”
Show yourself the amount of love and care that you do for the people around you. Take care of yourself first, and then help others.
13. “Life will knock us down but we can choose to get back up.”
Life can be harsh and brutal. When you accept this fact, the falls you take will be less painful and more helpful.
14. “Family is not whose blood is in you, it’s who you love and who loves you.”
Family means Ohana. It doesn’t only apply to the people related to you by blood. Family means those who love and care about you like their own.
15. “If one does not attach himself to people and desires, never shall his heart be broken. But then, does he ever truly live?”
It’s part of life and our nature to feel wide a range of emotions. It’s what makes us human.
16. “Being still and doing nothing are two completely different things”
17. “I do small things. I try to do good things every day. If everyone does some good, think of what a good world this will be.”
One act of kindness can create a ripple effect. If everyone came together to make this world a better place, we would all live happier lives.
18. “Most of the time, I’m not even working; I’m just helping people because I feel that I am too lucky.”
Jackie has gained a lot in life. He has given back just as much. We can all learn a lot from the way he lives his life.
19. “Kung fu lives in everything we do. It lives in how we put on a jacket and how we take off a jacket. It lives in how we treat people. Everything is Kung fu.”
20. “I only want my work to make people happy.”
Not only is Jackie Chan the most well-known international actor in the world he’s also a great example of a human being. He even produces and directs some his own movies. As the Goodwill Ambassador of UNICEF, he has campaigned against pollution, animal abuse and raised awareness on important issues.
Jackie has lived a most inspiring life. His life is a perfect example of how hard work pays.
Write a comment
Live Smarter With These 15 Cunning Niccolò Machiavelli Quotes
Few individuals boast a reputation as controversial as that of Niccolo Machiavelli. Born on May 3, 1469, in Florence, Niccolò di Bernardo dei Machiavelli was an Italian diplomat, historian, philosopher, and author. Also known as the ‘father of modern political theory’, Machiavelli is most well-known for his book Il Principe (or ‘The Prince’), a sort […]
20 Top Margaret Thatcher Quotes on Courage and Conviction
There have been few politicians as controversial as Margaret Thatcher. Also known as the ‘Iron Lady’, Margaret Hilda Thatcher (née Roberts) was born on October 13th, 1925, in Grantham, England. Her family operated a local grocery in Grantham and lived in an apartment above their store. A very talented student, Thatcher was received her early […]
20 Inspiring Athlete Quotes on Getting Results Through Hard Work
Motivation is the ability to initiate and persist despite the odds. And few things require more motivation than the field of athletics and sports. In fact, one could claim that motivation is the groundwork to every and all athletic achievement. Of course, factors like the mind, body, focus, and confidence are important too – but […]
People11 months ago
These 10 Emotional Quotes By Kurt Cobain Will Pull At Your Heartstrings
People11 months ago
Top 18 Most Inspiring Steve Jobs Quotes
Self-Improvement11 months ago
These 25 Facts About Life May Be Harsh To Hear, But They’ll Make You A Much Better Person
Movies10 months ago
Top 33 Denzel Washington Quotes On Success and Hardships
Movies11 months ago
24 Most Inspirational Movies To Watch On Netflix
Motivation10 months ago
33 Simple Things To Start Doing For Yourself
Quotes11 months ago
Know Your Self-Worth With These 15 Inspirational Quotes
Movies10 months ago
16 Unforgettable Forrest Gump Quotes To Inspire You