Jim Carrey is a name that brings back fond and funny memories. His movies have made us laugh till our tummies hurt; there have also been some inspirational ones. Jim was one of the most recognized comedian actors of his time. But it wasn’t all a smooth ride from the start. He worked hard and rough to achieve success in his life.
When he was 28 and struggling, he wrote a check for himself of 10 million dollars. He told himself he would cash the check after five years. As fate would have it, five years later he was offered the exact amount for the role of Dumb and Dumber. Jim was a visualizer who believed in his dreams and worked hard to achieve them.
Jim’s life is an inspiring story of how anyone who works for it can achieve success. He never took himself too seriously and would never hold back on his expressions on camera. Jim is a true comic genius who possesses a brilliant mind.
Jim Carrey Quotes To Help You Achieve Your Dreams!
1. “I don’t believe in hope. Hope is a beggar. Hope walks through the fire, faith leaps over it.”
2. “So many of us choose our path out of fear disguised as practicality. What we really want seems impossibly out of reach, so we never dare to ask the universe for it. I’m the proof that you can ask the universe for it.”
Don’t settle for less. Dreams are supposed to be ridiculously fantastical. There are too many people who work somewhere they don’t like. Why waste your life doing something you don’t want to when you have the choice to do something you enjoy?
3. “I learned many great lessons from my father, not the least of which, was that you can fail at what you don’t want so you might as well take a chance on doing what you love.”
Take risks! It’s okay to make mistakes; they are the best teachers. None of us learned to walk without falling multiple times. Each fall we took, taught us how to walk.
4. “Maybe other people will try to limit me, but I don’t limit myself.”
5. “There is a huge difference between a dog that is going to eat you in your mind and an actual dog that’s going to eat you.”
Don’t live your dreams in your mind. Once you visualize your goal, you have to go out and work for it. As Jim once said, “You can’t just visualize it and then go eat a sandwich.”
6. “I’m making a conscious choice to see challenges as beneficial so that I can deal with them in the most productive way.”
You can choose to face challenges with confidence and positivity, or you can hide behind the comfort of the walls you built inside. You should also remember that the same barriers you put up to stay safe, also shut out beautiful experiences. Everything you do in life is a choice, make the correct ones.
7. “Your need for acceptance can make you invisible in this world.”
8. “I wake up some mornings and sit and have my coffee and look out at my beautiful garden, and I go, ’Remember how good this is. Because you can lose it.”
Learn to appreciate what you have before you go looking for more things. The small, blissful moments in your life are the most important ones. Live in the now, enjoy the fresh air, birds singing, warm bed; you never know when you might lose them.
9. “If you aren’t in the moment, you are either looking forward to uncertainty, or back to pain and regret.”
We are all either looking back on our past or looking forward to the uncertain future. We waste our time crying over yesterday and trying to change tomorrow. If you can learn to live in the present, you can live to the fullest.
10. “My soul is not contained within the limits of my body. My body is contained within the limitlessness of my soul.”
11. “Desperation is a necessary ingredient to learning anything, or creating anything. Period. If you ain’t desperate at some point, you ain’t interesting.”
It’s okay to long for something with all your heart; it just shows how alive you are. Use your desperation to break out of your shell and overcome your fears.
12. “As far as I can tell, it’s just about letting the universe know what you want and then working toward it while letting go of how it comes to pass.”
What is your dream? If you already know it, focus on it. Visualize your dream. Then, put all your efforts into making that dream come true, give it all you have. Your energy will attract positivity and who knows, your destiny might pull a Jim Carrey move.
13. “I really believe in the philosophy that you create your own universe. I’m just trying to create a good one for myself.”
14. “I think everyone should get rich and famous, and do everything that they ever dreamed of, so that they can see that it’s not the answer.”
Most people think the definition of success is wealth, fame, cars, and travel. True success is when one can be happy with themselves. But it often takes materialistic success to understand that.
15. “Don’t let anything stand in the way of the light that shines through you. Risk being seen in all of your glory.”
Be who you are. If you can be yourself, people will naturally like you for your honesty. Change comes, but don’t lose your originality. Try being unapologetically you, and see how it works out.
16. “Life opens up opportunities to you, and you either take them, or you stay afraid of taking them.”
17. “Fear is going to be a player in your life, but you get to decide how much.”
All our lives we are taught to fear. It is a natural instinct. What you must do now, is overcome it. Forget the need to run from challenges. Instead, face them head-on. Don’t let fear dominate your life.
18. “It is better to risk starving to death than surrender. If you give up on your dreams, what’s left?”
Who are you when you’re stripped of your dreams? Are you your job? Or your friends, family, clothes? Who are you besides your name? We cannot find ourselves without realizing our purpose in this life. Everything else is a way that leads to your goal in life. Don’t let anyone take away your dream from you. Not even you.
19. “My focus is to forget the pain of life. Forget the pain, mock the pain, reduce it. And laugh.”
Jim has often insisted that the universe listens to our wishes. In his case, it has worked for him. If you can believe as Jim does, shout your wish out a little louder for the universe to hear. Even if it takes a lot of effort, do it! Give it your best, so that you don’t go unheard.
Write a comment
10 Most Inspirational Readings For Every Occasion
Words of inspiration can motivate you to put in that final bit of effort you need to complete your work, or the persuasion you need to begin your journey. Everyone goes through tough times once in a while, having inspirational and strong words to rely upon can be of great support. These words of wisdom […]
21 Quotes About Strength To Empower You During Tough Times
After every storm, the sun breaks through and shines brighter on the fresh Earth. Like every person, you will have hard times that you will have to face alone. With every scar comes a story; with every difficulty, you will learn something new. Humans are so resilient that the bigger the obstacle, the stronger we […]
22 Best Positive Quotes For The Day
There are days when you feel down for no reason at all. A little boost of positivity is just what you need to lift your spirits. Whether you’re not looking forward to going to work, or school, or doing anything at all, reading positive words of encouragement from people who’ve been through hardships can be […]
People8 months ago
These 10 Emotional Quotes By Kurt Cobain Will Pull At Your Heartstrings
Self-Improvement8 months ago
These 25 Facts About Life May Be Harsh To Hear, But They’ll Make You A Much Better Person
People7 months ago
Top 18 Most Inspiring Steve Jobs Quotes
Movies7 months ago
Top 33 Denzel Washington Quotes On Success and Hardships
Movies8 months ago
24 Most Inspirational Movies To Watch On Netflix
Motivation7 months ago
33 Simple Things To Start Doing For Yourself
Quotes8 months ago
Know Your Self-Worth With These 15 Inspirational Quotes
Movies7 months ago
16 Unforgettable Forrest Gump Quotes To Inspire You