A notorious pirate, a psychotic murderer, an artificial man with scissor hands, an eccentric chocolate maker, and many more. The list of bizarre roles that Johnny Depp has portrayed can go on and on.
This versatile actor has captured the hearts of moviegoers everywhere. His performances have become the trademark of his films. His works have been rightly praised for their immersion in the characters onscreen. There is never a dull or unrealistic moment when watching him act. Despite the extensive range of roles that he plays, he always manages to make his persona ooze through and make the characters believable.
Johnny has said that he was an introvert as a teenager. Even as a celebrity he tends to shy away from the spotlight. His unique personality and deep nature led Tim Burton to cast him in several weird and challenging roles. They share an understanding and appreciation in expressing themselves through their work.
Depp has created an iconic image for freaks. His eccentricity has lifted the bars of expectations for all actors. It’s safe to say Johnny will keep surprising us with more unusual works.
Johnny Depp Quotes That Will Help You Embrace Your Originality!
1. “Laugh as much as you breathe and love as long as you live.”
2. “If you love two people at the same time, choose the second. Because if you really loved the first one, you wouldn’t have fallen for the second.”
We never intend to fall in love, we just do. As wrong as it is to choose another person when you’re with someone; it’s always better to be true to your feelings. You can try not to hurt others while doing so.
3. “I like the challenge of trying different things and wondering whether it’s going to work or whether I’m going to fall flat on my face.”
Life is all about challenging yourself, and breaking out of the cage you were born in. Your journey becomes meaningful when you take chances and believe in yourself.
4. “The only creatures that are evolved enough to convey pure love are dogs and infants.”
5. “My body is my journal, and my tattoos are my story.”
Johnny has over 30 tattoos on his body and keeps adding more. His way of expressing significant people and memories from life through art can be seen on his skin.
6. “My daughter was asked by a little old lady in a London hotel restaurant what her daddy did. She answered, “He’s a pirate” – I was very proud of that answer.”
7. “Music touches us emotionally, where words alone can’t.”
8. “As a teenager, I was so insecure. I was the type of guy that never fitted in because he never dared to choose. I was convinced I had absolutely no talent at all. For nothing. And that thought took away all my ambition too.”
If Johnny had a time in his life where he thought he was not talented, I am sure we have talent hidden somewhere in us too. It just takes longer for some of us to find ours. Keep looking!
9. “I don’t think anybody’s necessarily ready for death. You can only hope that when it approaches, you feel like you’ve said what you wanted to say. Nobody wants to go out in mid-sentence.”
No better time than now. Try all the things you have wanted to. Why wait for an uncertain tomorrow when you can live in the present that you have?
10. “I think the thing to do is enjoy the ride while you’re on it.”
11. “We’re all damaged in our own way. Nobody’s perfect. I think we’re all somewhat screwy. Every single one of us.”
Don’t strive for perfection, not even in being yourself. Aim for a life worth living. Accept all the flaws you see and learn to love them. As long as you can change the way you perceive things, you can live in your personal perfect state of mind.
12. “Growing old is unavoidable, but never growing up is possible. I believe you can retain certain things from your childhood if you protect them – certain traits, certain places where you don’t let the world go.”
Don’t let people tell you what you should and shouldn’t do. Let go, be absolutely and unapologetically you.
13. “I think everybody’s weird. We should all celebrate our individuality and not be embarrassed or ashamed of it.”
14. “If you catch me saying ‘I am a serious actor,’ I beg you to slap me.
Remember to be humble and compassionate wherever you are. Rich or poor, successful or struggling, these things don’t matter. These are impermanent and cannot go with you when you die. Leave love, respect, good memories, and compassion when you go.
15. “With any part you play, there is a certain amount of yourself in it. There has to be; otherwise, it’s just not acting. It’s lying.”
Johnny has left his audiences in awe and respect with his many out-of-this-world performances. He does this by being true to himself and letting his personality flow into the character.
16. “People cry not because they’re weak, it’s because they’ve been strong for too long.”
17. “A dishonest man you can always trust to be dishonest.”
If a dishonest man says he’s honest, you might believe his lie. If a dishonest man says he’s dishonest, he can never be lying.
18. “Just keep moving forward, and don’t give a shit about what anyone thinks. Do what you have to do, for you.”
As he says, do what you want to do. Who cares what people think? People never see you the way you see yourself. Everyone sees you the way they want to.
19. “Life’s pretty good, and why wouldn’t it be? I’m a pirate, after all.”
20. “She’s kind of a walking poem, she’s this perfect beauty…but at the same time very deep, very smart.”
Depp has had a string of beautiful women in his life. Here he’s talking about his co-star Angelina Jolie in the movie ‘The Tourist.’ A fine compliment for a magnificent woman.
21. “There are four questions of value in life… What is sacred? Of what is the spirit made? What is worth living “for, and what is worth dying for? The answer to each is same. Only love.”
22. “I always felt like I was meant to have been born in another era, another time.”
23. “You can close your eyes to the things you don’t want to see, but you can’t close your heart to the things you don’t want to feel.”
Emotions can’t be hidden, not for long. There’s no use trying to make your feelings go away. Life can be so much easier if you accept them and learn to express them.
24. “I’m an old-fashioned guy… I want to be an old man with a beer belly sitting on a porch, looking at a lake or something.”
25. “Not all treasure is silver and gold, mate.” – Jack Sparrow
26. “I am doing things that are true to me. The only thing I have a problem with is being labeled.”
Having been labeled as a heartthrob after playing Tom Hanson in ‘21 Jump Street’, Johnny opted out of choosing scripts that didn’t feel right for him. Since then he has made a name for himself as a brilliant actor, rather than a good-looking one.
27. “If there’s any message, it is ultimately that it’s okay to be different; that it’s good to be different, that we should question ourselves before we pass judgment on someone who looks different, behaves different, talks different, is a different color.”
28. “I don’t pretend to be captain weird. I just do what I do.”
Johnny’s dark personality has shined bright in the harsh world of Hollywood. He’s worked hard to get where he is and continues to challenge himself with his film choices.
Just how Johnny doesn’t believe in the concept of fame and being a celebrity, we should also aim to succeed in achieving our personal growth and goal. His works have inspired many to be true to themselves when expressing through art.
Write a comment
Live Smarter With These 15 Cunning Niccolò Machiavelli Quotes
Few individuals boast a reputation as controversial as that of Niccolo Machiavelli. Born on May 3, 1469, in Florence, Niccolò di Bernardo dei Machiavelli was an Italian diplomat, historian, philosopher, and author. Also known as the ‘father of modern political theory’, Machiavelli is most well-known for his book Il Principe (or ‘The Prince’), a sort […]
20 Top Margaret Thatcher Quotes on Courage and Conviction
There have been few politicians as controversial as Margaret Thatcher. Also known as the ‘Iron Lady’, Margaret Hilda Thatcher (née Roberts) was born on October 13th, 1925, in Grantham, England. Her family operated a local grocery in Grantham and lived in an apartment above their store. A very talented student, Thatcher was received her early […]
20 Inspiring Athlete Quotes on Getting Results Through Hard Work
Motivation is the ability to initiate and persist despite the odds. And few things require more motivation than the field of athletics and sports. In fact, one could claim that motivation is the groundwork to every and all athletic achievement. Of course, factors like the mind, body, focus, and confidence are important too – but […]
People11 months ago
These 10 Emotional Quotes By Kurt Cobain Will Pull At Your Heartstrings
People11 months ago
Top 18 Most Inspiring Steve Jobs Quotes
Self-Improvement11 months ago
These 25 Facts About Life May Be Harsh To Hear, But They’ll Make You A Much Better Person
Movies10 months ago
Top 33 Denzel Washington Quotes On Success and Hardships
Movies11 months ago
24 Most Inspirational Movies To Watch On Netflix
Motivation10 months ago
33 Simple Things To Start Doing For Yourself
Quotes11 months ago
Know Your Self-Worth With These 15 Inspirational Quotes
Movies10 months ago
16 Unforgettable Forrest Gump Quotes To Inspire You