We all need motivation every once in a while.
Life can hold unexpected challenges behind every bend. Coming face to face with a big problem can be daunting; even the best ones can be overwhelmed with the intimidating task in front of them.
Other times, just the overwhelming problems of daily life can get to us. When you make a big mistake, or when you want to try something new but keep making excuses not to; whatever the problem, having someone to support and motivate you in such times can be of great help.
This list of powerful quotes has been specially selected to help inspire you to keep giving every bit of fight you have in you, and more. Words can be of immense comfort when used correctly. These quotes come from people who went through tough times themselves but overcame them and lived to inspire other people.
Powerful Motivational Quotes From Inspiring People!
1. “If A is success in life, then A = x + y + z. Work is x, play is y and z is keeping your mouth shut.”
– Albert Einstein
2. “You must expect great things of yourself before you can do them.”
– Michael Jordan
Progress starts from you. Once you believe in yourself, anything is possible. Remind yourself that you can do anything you put your mind to, and then go for it.
3. “It always seems impossible until it is done.”
– Nelson Mandela
The thing you want the most can seem impossible for you to achieve. Sometimes you doubt your capabilities and think maybe you’re not cut out for it. That is the only thing that is keeping you from achieving it, yourself! If you don’t trust yourself, your dream will seem impossible.
4. “First, think. Second, believe. Third, dream. And finally, dare.”
– Walt Disney
5. “Nothing is impossible, the word itself says “I’m possible”!”
– Audrey Hepburn
It’s true! Anything goal that you are willing to work hard for is achievable. Even if what you want has never been done before, you can be a pioneer and set an example. Leave the trail ablaze for people to follow.
6. “No one can make you feel inferior without your consent.”
– Eleanor Roosevelt
No job, race, religion, is above or below others. If an individual looks down upon another, no matter what it is based upon, that person will never go far in life. Also, the person being looked down upon has the capability to speak up for their self. Never let people step over you.
7. “The best revenge is massive success.”
– Frank Sinatra
The best way to prove yourself to those who don’t believe in you is by doing your best to succeed. Your success will do the talking for you.
8. “The most common way people give up their power is by thinking they don’t have any.”
– Alice Walker
Each person has the power over their own body, and mind. You can use that control to benefit yourself and those around you.
9. “What seems to us as bitter trials are often blessings in disguise.”
– Oscar Wilde
Every day we learn. No experience has ever been for nothing. With every rough phase we go through, we come out seeing clearer and brighter.
10. “In order to be irreplaceable, one must always be different.”
– Coco Chanel
11. “Keep your face to the sunshine and you can never see the shadow.”
– Helen Keller
There are two ways you can look at things. Positively and negatively. The person who chooses to look at the bright side of things will have a peaceful state of mind. If things don’t turn out good, doesn’t matter, you can learn from the mistakes made.
12. “Everything you’ve ever wanted is on the other side of fear.”
– George Addair
Fear is the worst enemy to achieving your dreams. It is a natural thing, fear, but one has to learn to overcome it. If you do not, there will be no progress.
13. “The secret of getting ahead is getting started.”
– Mark Twain
14. “Do not wait; the time will never be ‘just right.’ Start where you stand, and work with whatever tools you may have at your command, and better tools will be found as you go along.”
– George Herbert
The best possible way to follow your dream is to start right now. Don’t think of how or why, just do it. If you want to be a writer, pick up a pen and write! If you want to be a painter, paint! A photographer? Start taking pictures now! As long as you keep doing it, you will get better at it.
15. “The most difficult thing is the decision to act, the rest is merely tenacity.”
– Amelia Earhart
It takes a long time for some of us to start walking towards our dream. We linger on the fork in the road and make up excuses for why it’s not yet the time to walk down the path. Don’t think, just go. Once you start walking, you’ll soon be sprinting, and then running towards your destination.
16. “Failure is another steppingstone to greatness.”
– Oprah Winfrey
17. “I can’t change the direction of the wind, but I can adjust my sails to always reach my destination.”
– Jimmy Dean
Things won’t always be in favor of you achieving your dream. There will be obstacles on the way. What you can do is brace yourself for any challenges and face them head-on. Keep yourself determined, and let nothing come in-between you and your goal.
18. “There will be obstacles. There will be doubters. There will be mistakes. But with hard work, there are no limits.”
– Michael Phelps
All it takes is for you to believe in yourself. The rest will work itself when the time comes.
19. “Our doubts are traitors, and make us lose the good we oft might win, by fearing to attempt.”
– William Shakespeare
20. “You just can’t beat the person who never gives up.”
– Babe Ruth
When you fall, get back up again. You can never lose in life if you don’t give up.
21. “Many of life’s failures are people who did not realize how close they were to success when they gave up.”
– Thomas A. Edison
You could be this close to a huge opportunity that will make your future. If you give up now, that opportunity will never present itself to you. Keep doing your best and accept the support you receive. Don’t be afraid to tell people about your plans. You never know who might help you.
22. “The pessimist sees difficulty in every opportunity. The optimist sees opportunity in every difficulty.”
– Winston Churchill
23. “The more you own, the more you know you don’t own.”
– Aristotle Onassis
The list of things we need keeps growing each day. When you feel the urge to splurge on something you desire, ask yourself, do I really need this? What else can I get that can be useful.
24. “Do one thing every day that scares you.”
– Eleanor Roosevelt
You can try this one today! Go on. You could surprise yourself with the results.
25. “Always remember that you are absolutely unique. Just like everyone else.”
– Margaret Mead
26. “Life is not a matter of holding good cards, but of playing a poor hand well.”
– Robert Louis Stevenson
How you make use of the things handed to you makes a big difference. Be smart and resourceful. Think of the best way to achieve maximum results with minimum funds.
27. “If you hear a voice within you say, ‘you cannot paint,’ then by all means paint and that voice will be silenced.”
– Vincent Van Gogh
When you want to be something, do not let the negative comments affect you. In fact, you can use them to your advantage. You have the benefit of doubt, surprise them.
28. “Just one small positive thought in the morning can change your whole day.”
– Dalai Lama
29. “All great achievements require time.”
– Maya Angelou
Patience. Good results take time, great results take longer. Have the tolerance to wait for the results, do not rush into making decisions that bring you temporary success.
30. “Those who are crazy enough to think they can change the world are the ones who do.”
– Steve Jobs
31. “The only place success comes before work is in the dictionary. “
– Vince Lombardi
With hard work and a little bit of brain, there is nothing you can’t achieve.
32. “You were born with wings, why prefer to crawl through life?”
– Jalāl ad-Dīn Muḥammad Rūmī
Fly up above all the worries of trivial things. Soar below the problems of the materialistic world. Glide just where you can enjoy the beauty of life with ease.
33. “Be less curious about people and more curious about ideas.”
– Marie Curie
Think of your future, plan it out. Don’t waste your time gossiping about people who do not know you exist, even the ones who do. It’s one of the worst ways to spend your time.
34. “If you spend too much time thinking about a thing, you’ll never get it done.”
– Bruce Lee
The important thing to remember is, these people you read the quotes from are no different from you or me. Some of them started out with less than what we have. If you believe in their advice, and listen to them, you will be surprised at how much it can change you for the better.
Write a comment
10 Most Inspirational Readings For Every Occasion
Words of inspiration can motivate you to put in that final bit of effort you need to complete your work, or the persuasion you need to begin your journey. Everyone goes through tough times once in a while, having inspirational and strong words to rely upon can be of great support. These words of wisdom […]
21 Quotes About Strength To Empower You During Tough Times
After every storm, the sun breaks through and shines brighter on the fresh Earth. Like every person, you will have hard times that you will have to face alone. With every scar comes a story; with every difficulty, you will learn something new. Humans are so resilient that the bigger the obstacle, the stronger we […]
22 Best Positive Quotes For The Day
There are days when you feel down for no reason at all. A little boost of positivity is just what you need to lift your spirits. Whether you’re not looking forward to going to work, or school, or doing anything at all, reading positive words of encouragement from people who’ve been through hardships can be […]
People1 year ago
Top 18 Most Inspiring Steve Jobs Quotes
People1 year ago
These 10 Emotional Quotes By Kurt Cobain Will Pull At Your Heartstrings
Self-Improvement1 year ago
These 25 Facts About Life May Be Harsh To Hear, But They’ll Make You A Much Better Person
Movies1 year ago
Top 33 Denzel Washington Quotes On Success and Hardships
Movies1 year ago
24 Most Inspirational Movies To Watch On Netflix
Motivation1 year ago
33 Simple Things To Start Doing For Yourself
Quotes1 year ago
Know Your Self-Worth With These 15 Inspirational Quotes
Movies1 year ago
16 Unforgettable Forrest Gump Quotes To Inspire You