There are days when you feel down for no reason at all. A little boost of positivity is just what you need to lift your spirits.
Whether you’re not looking forward to going to work, or school, or doing anything at all, reading positive words of encouragement from people who’ve been through hardships can be a great source of inspiration.
Here are 22 positive quotes for the day to lift your spirits!
1. “The mind is everything. What you think you become.” –Buddha
When you gain control of your mind, you have the power to become anyone you want. You must believe and trust yourself. Start each day by telling yourself ‘You can!’ and see how you it changes the day for you.
2. “Strive not to be a success, but rather to be of value.” –Albert Einstein
Success without happiness is like an apple in a mirror. Even when you own the mirror, you cannot achieve the apple. Rather than focusing on having the image of an apple, work to achieve a real apple. Find out what gives you joy and meaning in life and strive to do that. Success will come to you when you find happiness in what you do.
3. “The best time to plant a tree was 20 years ago. The second-best time is now.” –Chinese Proverb
The time is now. No better time than the present to start what you’ve always wanted to. Procrastination will lead you nowhere, getting things done will.
4. “Your time is limited, so don’t waste it living someone else’s life.” –Steve Jobs
You have but one life, spend it on yourself. Do the things you want to do. Why work to make someone else’s dream come true when you could be working for your own?
5. “Whether you think you can or you think you can’t, you’re right.” – Henry Ford
How can you do something when you don’t believe you can? If you don’t think you can turn your dream into a reality, then you most definitely won’t.
6. “The best revenge is massive success.” – Frank Sinatra
And the best way to enrage haters is by being happy. So, smile as you watch them burn inside.
7. “Keep your face to the sunshine and you cannot see a shadow.” – Helen Keller
Focus on what gets you excited and thrilled. Live your life in tribute to your dreams.
8. “Find a place inside where there is joy, and the joy will burn out the pain.” -Joseph Campbell
As long as you have people loving and supporting you, nobody can bring you down for good. Cherish your loved ones because they are the only ones who are rooting for your success just as much as you are.
9. “In every day, there are 1,440 minutes. That means we have 1,440 daily opportunities to make a positive impact.” – Les Brown
So much time to grab the opportunities coming your way. If you don’t see them, make them! You cannot come across life-changing chances by hiding away in the safety of your comfort zone. Be bold, be courageous, and venture into the unknown world you’ve always dreamt of being a part of.
10. “No matter where you are on your journey, that’s exactly where you need to be. The next road is always ahead.” — Oprah Winfrey
Stop complaining about your disadvantages and appreciate where you are. Every tough situation is a challenge for you to find your courage and break free from the chains that bind you.
11. “You’re going to go through tough times – that’s life. But I say, ‘Nothing happens to you, it happens for you.’ See the positive in negative events.” – Joel Osteen
Every cloud has a silver lining. Nobody ever has a smooth sailing life with no difficulties. Even the people you idolize and look up to have had, and are having their own share of troubles. What makes them different is their will to focus on the positive sides as well as learn from the negatives.
12. “In order to carry a positive action we must here develop a positive vision.” – Dalai Lama
You cannot have a successful life with a negative mindset. It’s not possible for a person to be both compassionate and evil. Success can only come your way when you’ve learned to accept failure.
13. “Be patient with yourself. Self-growth is tender; it’s holy ground. There’s no greater investment.” —Stephen Covey
Just how a tree cannot grow to full length in just a year, you cannot reach your full potential just by wanting to. It takes time and patience for a person to grow both mentally and physically.
14. “Your need for acceptance can make you invisible in this world… risk being seen in all your glory.” – Jim Carrey
Never settle for less when you can reach your full glory. The image you see yourself embodying to fit in the society is one that has been smuggled into your mind. Don’t let the expectations of people you don’t know, shape you into a person you don’t recognize.
15. “Correction does much, but encouragement does more.” – Johann Wolfgang von Goethe
The difference between a student who was punished for making a mistake and one that was encouraged to try again is their future.
16. “If you can’t fly, then run, if you can’t run, then walk, if you can’t walk, then crawl, but whatever you do, you have to keep moving forward.” – Martin Luther King Jr.
Your circumstances hold you back as much as you allow it to. There is always a way to keep moving forward, only if you try to.
17. “Real riches are the riches possessed inside.” – B.C. Forbes
Being rich doesn’t guarantee happiness, it only gives you a fleeting moment of satisfaction and pride that quickly disappears if you are not surrounded by people who love and care about you.
18. “Live as if you were to die tomorrow, learn as if you were to live forever.” – Mahatma Gandhi
Make it your goal not to waste each day and to learn one new thing every day.
Related: 21 Personal Goals Examples That Will Bring Positive Changes To Your Lifestyle
19. “I have many problems in my life, but my lips don’t know that. They always smile.” – Charlie Chaplin
The person who can brave the difficulties and challenges of life with a bright smile will find success in life. If you can be happy and mask your sorrows, you can brave any storms that come in your way of finding true happiness.
20. “Worrying doesn’t take away tomorrow’s trouble; it takes away today’s peace.” – Randy Armstrong
Worrying will only bring you stress and depression. When a person constantly worries about the same problems, it can eat away at their positivity and happiness.
Related: 10 Most effective Ways to Deal With Stress
21. “There’s no shortage of remarkable ideas; what’s missing is the will to execute them.” – Seth Godin
It takes hard work and a little bit of luck to find success. There are so many talented people who go unnoticed and unappreciated because of different reasons. If you have an idea, don’t wait for someone else to do it before you, do it yourself!
22. “All our dreams can come true if we have the courage to pursue them.” – Walt Disney
Your doubt is the big boulder that is standing in the way of your success and happiness. Don’t be afraid to believe, trust your dream and have the courage to pursue them. Magical things can happen to you if you only believe.
Write a comment
10 Most Inspirational Readings For Every Occasion
Words of inspiration can motivate you to put in that final bit of effort you need to complete your work, or the persuasion you need to begin your journey. Everyone goes through tough times once in a while, having inspirational and strong words to rely upon can be of great support. These words of wisdom […]
21 Quotes About Strength To Empower You During Tough Times
After every storm, the sun breaks through and shines brighter on the fresh Earth. Like every person, you will have hard times that you will have to face alone. With every scar comes a story; with every difficulty, you will learn something new. Humans are so resilient that the bigger the obstacle, the stronger we […]
7 Reasons Why Working Out Every Day Can Do Wonders To Your Body, Mind, and Soul
Working out every day is good for your body, mind, and soul. When you make the time to exercise every single day, it becomes a habit that you slowly earn to accept as a daily part of your life. When you only exercise three times a week, you start to dread those days. Whereas, when […]
People1 year ago
These 10 Emotional Quotes By Kurt Cobain Will Pull At Your Heartstrings
People1 year ago
Top 18 Most Inspiring Steve Jobs Quotes
Self-Improvement1 year ago
These 25 Facts About Life May Be Harsh To Hear, But They’ll Make You A Much Better Person
Movies12 months ago
Top 33 Denzel Washington Quotes On Success and Hardships
Movies1 year ago
24 Most Inspirational Movies To Watch On Netflix
Motivation1 year ago
33 Simple Things To Start Doing For Yourself
Quotes1 year ago
Know Your Self-Worth With These 15 Inspirational Quotes
Movies12 months ago
16 Unforgettable Forrest Gump Quotes To Inspire You