The only measure of real success is happiness. It doesn’t matter how rich or famous you are. Unless you can find happiness within, you can never feel like you’ve succeeded in life.
There are days where everything suddenly looks bleak and boring. Life becomes dull, and you forget the last time you laughed out loud. It happens to the best of us. The trick is to do the things that make you happy. Read a few positive quotes about life and happiness.
We’ve collected the most inspiring happiness quotes and listed them below to help you find yours.
Quotes About Finding Happiness!
1. “Happiness is when what you think, what you say, and what you do are in harmony.” ― Mahatma Gandhi
2. “For every minute you are angry you lose sixty seconds of happiness.” ― Ralph Waldo Emerson
Why be anything else, when you can be happy? We should all aspire to find our happiness rather than chase materialistic things. The biggest achievement of all is finding happiness within.
3. “Folks are usually about as happy as they make their minds up to be.” ― Abraham Lincoln
Happiness is a choice. Choose to be happy. There is nothing that can stop you from being happy if you make up your mind.
4. “Count your age by friends, not years. Count your life by smiles, not tears.” ― John Lennon
5. “Time you enjoy wasting is not wasted time.” ― Marthe Troly-Curtin
The best way to make use of your time is by enjoying it. Indulging yourself in doing things you like is not a waste of time. You are purely investing in your happiness.
Related: 17 Frank Sinatra Quotes That Will Make You Want To Live Life Your Way
6. “Thousands of candles can be lit from a single candle, and the life of the candle will not be shortened. Happiness never decreases by being shared.” ― Buddha
The best way of staying happy is by sharing it. It neither decreases nor loses value when you share it. On the contrary, it becomes more valuable and meaningful.
7. “If more of us valued food and cheer and song above hoarded gold, it would be a merrier world.” ― J.R.R. Tolkien
8. “There’s nothing like deep breaths after laughing that hard. Nothing in the world like a sore stomach for the right reasons.” ― Stephen Chbosky
Laughter is the best medicine. There is nothing that feels as good as laughing. Cherish the moments you share with your friends, fill your memories with happy moments.
9. “Happiness is not something ready-made. It comes from your own actions.” ― Dalai Lama XIV
How happy you are, depends on you. If you have done nothing wrong, why shouldn’t you be happy? Do the things that give you joy.
10. “The most important thing is to enjoy your life—to be happy—it’s all that matters.” ― Audrey Hepburn
11. “When one door of happiness closes, another opens, but often we look so long at the closed door that we do not see the one that has been opened for us.” ― Helen Keller
Don’t let one thing be the sole reason for your happiness. Such an important part of your life should not depend on anything but yourself.
12. “No medicine cures what happiness cannot.” ― Gabriel García Márquez
It is one of the best remedies for anything. Having a happy state of mind keeps mental illness at bay. It lets you see the positive side of everything.
13. “Happiness [is] only real when shared” ― Jon Krakauer
14. “I am not proud, but I am happy; and happiness blinds, I think, more than pride.” ― Alexandre Dumas
A happy person often looks pleased and confident. Don’t mistake a happy person for a proud one, because they look the same.
15. “I’m happy. Which often looks like crazy.” ― David Henry Hwang
What’s the difference between happy and crazy, because they look the same. Happy people can do weird things because they don’t care about what others think.
16. “The best way to cheer yourself is to try to cheer someone else up.” ― Mark Twain
17. “The foolish man seeks happiness in the distance, the wise grows it under his feet.” ― James Oppenheim
Looking for happiness somewhere else is a waste of time. In the end, you realize happiness comes from within. Since you’ve already heard it a thousand times, put these wise words in your mind and try to seek for yours too. You already know where not to look. So, you’re half-way there.
18. “Let us be grateful to the people who make us happy; they are the charming gardeners who make our souls blossom.” ―Marcel Proust
Spend more time with the people who make you happy. Appreciate them and don’t take them for granted. Don’t go chasing people who look glamorous while neglecting those who’ve always been there for you.
19. “I must learn to be content with being happier than I deserve.” ― Jane Austen
20. “Success is not the key to happiness. Happiness is the key to success. If you love what you are doing, you will be successful.” ― Herman Cain
If you are happy with where you are in life, you’re already a successful person. The measure of your success does not lie in the standards created by society; it lies in the goal you set for yourself. If you aspire to be happy, then that is the biggest success of all.
21. “What you do not want done to yourself, do not do to others.” ― Confucius
Do you like when people treat you unkindly? Does anyone appreciate being mistreated? No! Treat people how you want to be treated. If no more, then no less.
22. “The two enemies of human happiness are pain and boredom.” ― Arthur Schopenhauer
Happiness is not a formula. It isn’t something you go on a trip to look for, neither is it something you can buy with money. Happiest of people can be found in the remotest of areas. Why? Because they are content with their lives. They seek no wealth or fame.
Happiness can be practiced. Start each day with reading the most inspirational quotes on happiness and see how it changes your perspective. Be patient as well. It takes time.
Write a comment
10 Most Inspirational Readings For Every Occasion
Words of inspiration can motivate you to put in that final bit of effort you need to complete your work, or the persuasion you need to begin your journey. Everyone goes through tough times once in a while, having inspirational and strong words to rely upon can be of great support. These words of wisdom […]
21 Quotes About Strength To Empower You During Tough Times
After every storm, the sun breaks through and shines brighter on the fresh Earth. Like every person, you will have hard times that you will have to face alone. With every scar comes a story; with every difficulty, you will learn something new. Humans are so resilient that the bigger the obstacle, the stronger we […]
22 Best Positive Quotes For The Day
There are days when you feel down for no reason at all. A little boost of positivity is just what you need to lift your spirits. Whether you’re not looking forward to going to work, or school, or doing anything at all, reading positive words of encouragement from people who’ve been through hardships can be […]
People12 months ago
These 10 Emotional Quotes By Kurt Cobain Will Pull At Your Heartstrings
People12 months ago
Top 18 Most Inspiring Steve Jobs Quotes
Self-Improvement12 months ago
These 25 Facts About Life May Be Harsh To Hear, But They’ll Make You A Much Better Person
Movies11 months ago
Top 33 Denzel Washington Quotes On Success and Hardships
Movies12 months ago
24 Most Inspirational Movies To Watch On Netflix
Motivation11 months ago
33 Simple Things To Start Doing For Yourself
Quotes12 months ago
Know Your Self-Worth With These 15 Inspirational Quotes
Movies11 months ago
16 Unforgettable Forrest Gump Quotes To Inspire You