After every storm, the sun breaks through and shines brighter on the fresh Earth.
Like every person, you will have hard times that you will have to face alone. With every scar comes a story; with every difficulty, you will learn something new.
Humans are so resilient that the bigger the obstacle, the stronger we fight to overcome it. You have to realize that your strength is not something that comes from outside, it’s always inside you. Some find it after braving many challenges, while others find it after looking deep within themselves.
It’s not necessary to wait for some significant event to bring out the inner strength and courage inside you. Dig a little deep inside and find what is worth living for and fighting for.
Here are 21 quotes about strength to help you find yours too!
1. “Being deeply loved by someone gives you strength, while loving someone deeply gives you courage.” – Lao Tzu
The thing you love is where your strength lies. When you care about someone or something, it gives you the courage to stand up and fight for it.
2. “With new day comes new strength and new thoughts.” – Eleanor Roosevelt
Every day brings you opportunities and chances to learn new things and be better. Use your day wisely, build yourself up and be a source of inspiration for your friends and family.
3. “Life is not about waiting for the storms to pass. It’s about learning how to dance in the rain.” – Vivian Greene
The person who can thrive and survive a storm comes out standing tall, whereas the one who hides away in a corner is left shivering and crouching. When life gives you lemons, make the best lemonade you can and use it to your benefit.
4. “Calm mind brings inner strength and self-confidence, so that is very important for good health.” – Dalai Lama
When you find yourself tensed and stressed, remember to take long and deep breaths to help you relax. Worrying brings you nothing but stress, relax your mind and don’t worry about problems you cannot solve. A person who is constantly in a state of being worried will not find their inner strength.
5. “He who believes is strong; he who doubts is weak. Strong convictions precede great actions.” – Louisa May Alcott
If you doubt your own strength, nothing will help you find it.
6. “I was always looking outside myself for strength and confidence, but it comes from within. It is there all the time.” – Anna Freud
You already know where to look for it, use this precious information wisely and look for your own strength and confidence within you. Each of us has the same potential and strength inside of us. Yours is no less than anyone else’s.
7. “Unity is strength… when there is teamwork and collaboration, wonderful things can be achieved.” – Mattie Stepanek
A football team cannot win when the finest player never passes the ball to his teammates. When you work as a group, the weight and responsibility must be divided equally amongst everyone. A good team knows all the strengths and weaknesses within themselves.
8. “No one saves us but ourselves. No one can and no one may. We ourselves must walk the path.” – Buddha
Your journey is yours to make, the ups and downs you have to face alone, and you have to rely on yourself to get you through.
9. “A truly strong person does not need the approval of others any more than a lion needs the approval of sheep.” – Vernon Howard
The only approval you need is yours. Never let anyone put you down. When you don’t let anyone else’s opinion get to you, you become stronger.
10. “Silence is a source of great strength.” – Lao Tzu
It takes a lot of strength to hold your voice when you’re being targeted. Although being silent is not necessarily the best thing in most cases, you have to raise your voice when you’re being misunderstood or taken advantage of. But when it comes to dealing with frustrating people, it is sometimes best to stay silent.
11. “Be faithful in small things because it is in them that your strength lies.” – Mother Teresa
For Mother Teresa, her strength seemed to lie in the small things that mattered. The love and support from your loved ones, a gesture of kindness from a stranger, friends who have your back in any situation, these little things bring you a lot of strength and courage. Learn to appreciate them.
12. “Continuous effort – not strength or intelligence – is the key to unlocking our potential.” – Winston Churchill
One single person carved out a path in a big hill using only a hammer and chisel. It took him 22 years, but he was determined to shorten the distance between two villages. His wife died due to not receiving the emergency medical care she needed. His path is now used by the villagers and has helped them significantly.
See more for his story.
13. “I like criticism. It makes you strong.” – LeBron James
A person who can take the negative energy and use it positively will grow tremendously.
14. “That which does not kill us makes us stronger.” – Friedrich Nietzsche
The obstacles you face will teach you valuable lessons on life, courage, and resilience. Don’t avoid your problems; be brave and confident while handling them.
15. “The world breaks everyone, and afterwards, some are strong at the broken places.” – Ernest Hemingway
Everyone goes through hardships. The ones who persevere in their troubles are the ones who become stronger.
16. “A hero is an ordinary individual who finds the strength to persevere and endure in spite of overwhelming circumstances.” – Christopher Reeve
We are all capable of being heroes. The difference is, we never act on what we feel. A hero never thinks twice before saving a civilian in trouble. It’s not the superpowers that differentiate us; it’s our cowardice to stand for what we believe in.
17. “Make up your mind that no matter what comes your way, no matter how difficult, no matter how unfair, you will do more than simply survive. You will thrive in spite of it.” – Joel Osteen
Don’t aim to get through the game, play to win and enjoy.
18. “Nobody can hurt me without my permission.” – Mahatma Gandhi
The weakest spot we have is the gate we open up for people to enter and leave their opinions about us. When you close that gate, nothing anyone says can and will hurt you.
19. “Tough times never last, but tough people do.” – Robert H. Schuller
Your problems will fade away with time, but the things you learn and achieve while facing those problems will never leave you.
20. “All the adversity I’ve had in my life, all my troubles and obstacles, have strengthened me… You may not realize it when it happens, but a kick in the teeth may be the best thing in the world for you.” – Walt Disney
Everything happens for a reason. You can learn precious lessons from the mistakes you make, and the troubles you face. Never back down; even when the odds are against your favor, keep going and do your best.
21. “I believe in being strong when everything seems to be going wrong. I believe that happy girls are the prettiest girls. I believe that tomorrow is another day and I believe in miracles.” – Audrey Hepburn
You can achieve anything you want if you believe in yourself. Miracles can happen; they’re just waiting for you to reveal them.
Write a comment
10 Most Inspirational Readings For Every Occasion
Words of inspiration can motivate you to put in that final bit of effort you need to complete your work, or the persuasion you need to begin your journey. Everyone goes through tough times once in a while, having inspirational and strong words to rely upon can be of great support. These words of wisdom […]
22 Best Positive Quotes For The Day
There are days when you feel down for no reason at all. A little boost of positivity is just what you need to lift your spirits. Whether you’re not looking forward to going to work, or school, or doing anything at all, reading positive words of encouragement from people who’ve been through hardships can be […]
7 Reasons Why Working Out Every Day Can Do Wonders To Your Body, Mind, and Soul
Working out every day is good for your body, mind, and soul. When you make the time to exercise every single day, it becomes a habit that you slowly earn to accept as a daily part of your life. When you only exercise three times a week, you start to dread those days. Whereas, when […]
People7 months ago
These 10 Emotional Quotes By Kurt Cobain Will Pull At Your Heartstrings
Self-Improvement7 months ago
These 25 Facts About Life May Be Harsh To Hear, But They’ll Make You A Much Better Person
People7 months ago
Top 18 Most Inspiring Steve Jobs Quotes
Movies6 months ago
Top 33 Denzel Washington Quotes On Success and Hardships
Movies7 months ago
24 Most Inspirational Movies To Watch On Netflix
Motivation6 months ago
33 Simple Things To Start Doing For Yourself
Quotes7 months ago
Know Your Self-Worth With These 15 Inspirational Quotes
Motivation7 months ago
24 Evergreen Winston Churchill Quotes That Will Make You Work Harder