Looking for quotes about life to inspire you? You’ve come to the right place.
Quotes can be a powerful source of motivation, especially when they hit you right where it matters. When we face an intimidating challenge, or if we’re feeling a little bit low, words of encouragement can be of great help. Despite knowing and understanding what you must do, it can still be hard. When you read empowering words from people who have found success after struggle, it can make an inspiring difference.
Quotes are helpful because a few well-structured words can cover a wide range of thoughts and emotions. Each of the quotes listed below has been carefully selected from the best. Take the time to digest the words and try to apply it to bring a better change in your life.
True Quotes About Life!
1. “You’re only here for a short visit. Don’t hurry, don’t worry. And be sure to smell the flowers along the way.” —Walter Hagen
2. “Too many people spend money they haven’t earned, to buy things they don’t want, to impress people they don’t like.” – Will Rogers.
Isn’t this true for us all? People have sunk so deep into the trend of buying all the new things that it has become a lifestyle. This is a useless way of spending your money. Before you think of buying something new, ask yourself; why? Do you need this? Is it worth the price you are willing to pay for it? Are you being brainwashed by the tactfully placed ads?
3. “Every man dies. Not every man really lives.” – William Ross Wallace
Another harsh truth of life is death. It comes for all of us. There is no use thinking about how or when. Don’t waste away your life worrying about how it will end. Live it so well that when the time for you to leave finally does arrive, you can go in peace. Have no regrets.
4. “Life isn’t about finding yourself. Life is about creating yourself.” – George Bernard Shaw
5. “All life is an experiment. The more experiments you make the better.” —Ralph Waldo Emerson
How do you want to spend your life? Don’t you want it to be extraordinary and full of beautiful moments? Try new things, have exciting experiences, break your walls and see where your feet lead you.
6. “You have to dream before your dreams can come true.” – A.P.J. Abdul Kalam
There are a lot of people who haven’t yet realized their dreams. It’s more common than you think. Ask yourself what you would be happy doing for the rest of your life. Desk jobs are not everyone’s cup of tea, if it isn’t yours, don’t fool yourself by pursuing such a career. Take the time to explore your passions and experiment with new areas. You never know which one might be the one for you.
7. “Your task is not to seek love, but to seek and find all the barriers within yourself that you have built against it.” – Rumi.
8. “A man with outward courage dares to die; a man with inner courage dares to live.” – Lao Tzu
Truth is, life is hard. But, we go on living and we face each day the best we can. Coping with new difficulties every new day means you are a winner. You haven’t yet given up on life. Keep going!
9. “Real life is sometimes boring, rarely conclusive and boy, does the dialogue need work.” ― Sarah Rees Brennan
Watching inspiring movies with heartfelt dialogues can change people. What we must remember is, reality is much different from what we see on screen. Movies are carefully crafted to move you within a short period, so they do not add unnecessary scripts. So, when people don’t understand your feelings with just one line, be patient. Truth is, it takes a lot of conversations, arguments, and time to be able to understand each other.
10. “Life is like riding a bicycle. To keep your balance, you must keep moving.” —Albert Einstein
11. “The best way to make your dreams come true is to wake up.” – Paul Valery
What do you do when you already realize your dreams and want to make them come true? You wake up, you get things done. Don’t wait around for an opportunity to fall from the sky, look for them. Let people know what you want, so if opportunities do arise, people will let you know. Real life needs you to give it your best.
12. “We tend to forget that happiness doesn’t come as a result of getting something we don’t have, but rather of recognizing and appreciating what we do have.”- Frederick Keonig
That’s correct, happiness does not lie in acquiring more things. True happiness is when you can be perfectly content with all that you have and can appreciate them. Only when you lose things that matter, do you realize how important they were.
13. “The most important thing is to enjoy your life—to be happy—it’s all that matters. —Audrey Hepburn
14. “Life is short, and it is up to you to make it sweet.” —Sarah Louise Delany
Yes. It is such a waste living your short life in bitterness, jealousy, hatred, contempt. You could instead focus solely on making your time here worthy, happy, colorful, and loving. It’s definitely a choice. What do you choose?
15. “The truth is you don’t know what is going to happen tomorrow. Life is a crazy ride, and nothing is guaranteed.” —Eminem
Life is a crazy rollercoaster ride where you don’t know where the next turn leads to. You can either enjoy the feeling of thrill at the unknown, or spend your time worrying about the unforeseeable future.
16. “A journey of a thousand miles begins with a single step.” – Lao Tzu.
17. “Never be bullied into silence. Never allow yourself to be made a victim. Accept no one’s definition of your life; define yourself.” – Harvey Fierstein
Each person has the right to voice their opinion. Remember that. No one can shut you up. Your voice matters; you are who you are, no one else’s views define yours.
18. “However difficult life may seem, there is always something you can do and succeed at.” —Stephen Hawking
We all have a purpose in our lives. For some, it takes longer to realize theirs. Don’t give up; be patient. You’ll find yours soon enough.
19. “All our dreams can come true if we have the courage to pursue them.” – Walt Disney
20. “The only true wisdom is knowing you know nothing.” – Socrates
There is so much we have yet to understand. The first thing to know is that we do not know anything. The truly wise know that we know nothing. As Aristotle said, “The more you know, the more you know you don’t know.” Next time you meet an obnoxious know-it-all at a party, you know which quote you’re going to use.
21. “For good ideas and true innovation, you need human interaction, conflict, argument, debate.” – Margaret Heffernan
If you want to grow and improve, you cannot do it by yourself. You need to meet people who challenge your ideas and opinions. Every great invention faced challenges and obstacles. You can let the doubt get to you, or you can choose to use it to do better.
22. “Truth can be stated in thousand different ways, yet each one can be true.” – Swami Vivekananda
23. “These problems are real, and you can’t turn off real life. So, I won’t try. Instead, I’ll give you a set of tools to help you deal with real life.” ― Sean Covey
The only way to face your problems is by analyzing them and figuring out what you need to do to overcome them.
24. “Be helpful. When you see a person without a smile, give them yours.” – Zig Ziglar
Smiling doesn’t take a lot of effort, but the effect it has is magical. A smile has the power to communicate many positive messages; it transcends the barriers of language.
25. “I’m a true believer in Karma. You get what you give, whether it’s bad or good.” – Sandra Bullock
Remember these words whenever you need encouragement. A quote can only give you temporary motivation, it’s up to you to make use of it in a lasting way.
Write a comment
10 Most Inspirational Readings For Every Occasion
Words of inspiration can motivate you to put in that final bit of effort you need to complete your work, or the persuasion you need to begin your journey. Everyone goes through tough times once in a while, having inspirational and strong words to rely upon can be of great support. These words of wisdom […]
21 Quotes About Strength To Empower You During Tough Times
After every storm, the sun breaks through and shines brighter on the fresh Earth. Like every person, you will have hard times that you will have to face alone. With every scar comes a story; with every difficulty, you will learn something new. Humans are so resilient that the bigger the obstacle, the stronger we […]
22 Best Positive Quotes For The Day
There are days when you feel down for no reason at all. A little boost of positivity is just what you need to lift your spirits. Whether you’re not looking forward to going to work, or school, or doing anything at all, reading positive words of encouragement from people who’ve been through hardships can be […]
People9 months ago
These 10 Emotional Quotes By Kurt Cobain Will Pull At Your Heartstrings
People9 months ago
Top 18 Most Inspiring Steve Jobs Quotes
Self-Improvement9 months ago
These 25 Facts About Life May Be Harsh To Hear, But They’ll Make You A Much Better Person
Movies8 months ago
Top 33 Denzel Washington Quotes On Success and Hardships
Movies9 months ago
24 Most Inspirational Movies To Watch On Netflix
Motivation8 months ago
33 Simple Things To Start Doing For Yourself
Quotes9 months ago
Know Your Self-Worth With These 15 Inspirational Quotes
Movies8 months ago
16 Unforgettable Forrest Gump Quotes To Inspire You